The Storage and Installation Directions of Geogrids
Storage tips of geogrids
- Avoid prolonged direct sunlight.
- Keep away from sources of ignition.
- Avoid contact with excessive mud or other detrimental materials.
- Keep it dry.
- Put horizontally or vertically; no more than 5 rolls in high.
Installation tips of geogrids
- First, check the subgrade conditions. Workers should make sure that the subgrade is fit for geogrids installation and make detailed plans for the installation steps.
- Second, clear the construction site; eliminate the unuseful materials. Some sharp objects may cause damage to the geogrids. So the clean work is a necessity.
- Third, smooth the ground, flat the soil. The flat ground can make the geogrid bear balanced forces.
- Fourth, place geogrids rolls in position and unroll the geogrids smoothly. Correct installation method can greatly improves the bearing capacity of geogrids.
- Fifth, add the fill materials. Use the excavator to push the fill materials forward evenly on the geogrids. Minimize the wrinkles on the geogrids.
- Last, flat and check the pavement.